October 15, 2021
Alternative Baseball Cincinnati now has a new name, logo and team colors! Introducing the Tri-State Continentals!
September 28, 2021
We had to make a tough but sensible decision.
– The new Alternative Baseball team was originally going to begin practicing on August 29. It was then pushed back to September 12 and pushed back again to October 3. Unfortunately despite the extensions, we have been unable to get enough players signed up, nor have we been unable to get volunteers signed up with background checks completed.
– Therefore, the decision has been made to end our 2021 season before it could begin. We are going to work during the fall and winter to bring more players on board. We are also going to work bringing volunteers on board that have a legitimate interest in helping us with this team. We are hoping that by April 2022 we have the players and staff in place to take the field and play ball!
– We encourage you to reach out to interested players and have them sign up online, at https://alternativebaseball.org/player-pool. Alternative Baseball is for teens and adults age 15 and up, with autism or other disabilities.
– We will also need volunteers for coaching, managing, umpiring, and other tasks to help our organization run smoothly. You can sign up at https://alternativebaseball.org/volunteer. All volunteers must complete a background check prior to joining our organization.
– We thank everyone for their support up to this point. We will be posting updates throughout the fall/winter, so be sure to check this site and our social media outlets. We hope to see you in 2022!
September 12, 2021
We’ve posted on social media a couple times and emailed those who’ve signed up to play or volunteer. But for those still unaware, Alternative Baseball Cincinnati has postponed its first practice, which was scheduled for today, September 12.
We have rescheduled for Sunday, October 3. We are hoping by then to have more players and volunteers signed up; right now there are only five signed up to play and one volunteer.
August 17, 2021
Alternative Baseball Cincinnati will hold its first practice on Sunday,
September 12 October 3 from 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. at VFW Post 9630 in Batavia.
We are still looking for more players to sign up! ABO Cincinnati is for teens and adults, age 15 and up, with autism and other disabilities. Those interested in playing can sign up online, at https://alternativebaseball.org/player-pool
August 5, 2021
Alternative Baseball Cincinnati can now accept local donations for the local organization! Donations can be made online using PayPal, a most trusted source on the internet. Click here to donate.
August 1, 2021
FOX 19 ran a piece on their 10 p.m. news about Alternative Baseball! Watch the video
July 23, 2021
Alternative Baseball Cincinnati was featured on WLWT News 5 on their morning newscasts today, July 23. Watch the video.
July 19, 2021
Alternative Baseball Cincinnati is looking for players interested in joining our team!
ABO teaches social and physical skills to teens and adults with autism and other special needs (age 15 and up), to apply both on and off the field. Interested players can fill out the player application online, at https://www.alternativebaseball.org/player-pool
July 16, 2021
Alternative Baseball Cincinnati is looking for a standard dirt/grass ballfield to use this summer and fall. Preferably a field we can use at no charge. If you have suggestions or connections to someone who may be willing to offer a ballfield for us to use once a week, please email email@example.com.
Alternative Baseball and ABO are both registered trademarks owned by Alternative Baseball Organization, Inc.
Each local team is run independently from the national Organization. All rights reserved.